Here are some highlights from Crime in the United States, 2014: There were an estimated 1,165,383 violent crimes (murder and non-negligent homicides, rapes, robberies, and aggravated assaults) repo…
Here are some highlights from Crime in the United States, 2014:
- There were an estimated 1,165,383 violent crimes (murder and non-negligent homicides, rapes, robberies, and aggravated assaults) reported by law enforcement.
- Aggravated assaults accounted for 63.6 percent of the violent crimes reported, while robberies accounted for 28.0 percent, rape 7.2 percent, and murders 1.2 percent.
- There were an estimated 8,277,829 property crimes (burglaries, larceny-thefts, and motor vehicle thefts) reported by law enforcement. Financial losses suffered by victims of these crimes were calculated at approximately $14.3 billion.
- Larceny-theft accounted for 70.8 percent of all property crimes reported, burglary for 20.9 percent, and motor vehicle theft for 8.3 percent
- Police made an estimated 11,205,833 arrests during 2014—498,666 for violent crimes, and 1,553,980 for property crimes. More than 73 percent of those arrested during 2014 were male.
- The highest number of arrests was for drug abuse violations (1,561,231), followed by larceny-theft (1,238,190) and driving under the influence (1,117,852).
There is terrorism, riots and violent crime on the rise. Don’t be a victim. Fight back with the latest and greatest self defense system out there. S.H.I.E.L.D.
My father was a police officer in Nassau County NY for 25 years. My brother Scott has been a corrections officer for over 20 years. Between the 4 brothers we have over 100 years of martial arts and combat sports experience. It would make sense that we have developed an amazing self defense system that is second to none. Shaddock Hand to hand Instruction Effective Life saving Defense or S.H.I.E.L.D. has been years in the making. I am excited to introduce this to Carroll County.
I am looking to do a seminar this August, just in time before your girls go into high school and college. Keep your girls safe, sign them up now. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep your hands up,
Co Founder of S.H.I.E.L.D.
In these economic times, understandably people are looking for the best price in anything. Sometimes price makes sense. Everyone likes a deal ! In the case of your health and fitness and self de…
In these economic times, understandably people are looking for the best price in anything. Sometimes price makes sense. Everyone likes a deal ! In the case of your health and fitness and self defense, you should really look at the value. There are a lot of chain health clubs and McDojos out there boasting to be the best but what are you really gaining?
When I compare price to value, it will seem confusing, but here me out. Is a $30 a month membership to gym you join worth it? Are you getting service, instruction, and motivation? If you don’t want or need any of those, then yes $30 per month is awesome. For the many people I have met who have spent $30 a month and never go, it is wasted money. At my gym you can train in small groups (10-15), or you can do personal training. It’s not $30 a month, but you will see results. What is better health, a slimmer waist line, a lower heart rate worth to you? Can you put a price on that?
As far as the McDojos, and there are a few in my area, I look at the value in a different way. I don’t charge for testing, belts etc. I teach fitness through self defense. You will learn how to defend yourself and be fit. I don’t boast a guaranteed black belt in 3 years, but you will learn to defend yourself. You will have an owner who is the instructor. An owner who will roll with and spar with you. You will learn hands on. Having an owner on site helps to make changes when necessary to make the gym and the customers experience better.
We are not the cheapest fitness center in the area, we are not the most expensive dojo in the area, what I can tell you is we are the best value in the area. I do hope you will come on in and try my gym. Go to shaddockmma.com for schedule of classes.
Keep your hands up,
Owner Shaddock MMA Fitness