Here are some highlights from Crime in the United States, 2014:
- There were an estimated 1,165,383 violent crimes (murder and non-negligent homicides, rapes, robberies, and aggravated assaults) reported by law enforcement.
- Aggravated assaults accounted for 63.6 percent of the violent crimes reported, while robberies accounted for 28.0 percent, rape 7.2 percent, and murders 1.2 percent.
- There were an estimated 8,277,829 property crimes (burglaries, larceny-thefts, and motor vehicle thefts) reported by law enforcement. Financial losses suffered by victims of these crimes were calculated at approximately $14.3 billion.
- Larceny-theft accounted for 70.8 percent of all property crimes reported, burglary for 20.9 percent, and motor vehicle theft for 8.3 percent
- Police made an estimated 11,205,833 arrests during 2014—498,666 for violent crimes, and 1,553,980 for property crimes. More than 73 percent of those arrested during 2014 were male.
- The highest number of arrests was for drug abuse violations (1,561,231), followed by larceny-theft (1,238,190) and driving under the influence (1,117,852).
There is terrorism, riots and violent crime on the rise. Don’t be a victim. Fight back with the latest and greatest self defense system out there. S.H.I.E.L.D.
My father was a police officer in Nassau County NY for 25 years. My brother Scott has been a corrections officer for over 20 years. Between the 4 brothers we have over 100 years of martial arts and combat sports experience. It would make sense that we have developed an amazing self defense system that is second to none. Shaddock Hand to hand Instruction Effective Life saving Defense or S.H.I.E.L.D. has been years in the making. I am excited to introduce this to Carroll County.
I am looking to do a seminar this August, just in time before your girls go into high school and college. Keep your girls safe, sign them up now. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Keep your hands up,
Co Founder of S.H.I.E.L.D.