People generally are scared of joining gyms. I am here to tell you that you need not fear coming in to Shaddock MMA Fitness. While reading the Blog by VERY WELL, I found a lot of the reasons why people are scared to join a gym. Below are VERY WELL’S questions followed by the reasons you may want to make the change to Shaddock MMA Fitness.
- Open spaces – If you’re looking for privacy during workouts, joining a large gymmay not be for you. In many health clubs, the workout areas are open with cardio machines lined up behind one another and weight machines sprawled out across the floor. Some group fitness rooms may be lined with windows so people can see in and some find this uncomfortable when just getting started with exercise.
- ALTHOUGH WE HAVE EVERYTHING YOU WILL NEED, SHADDOCK MMA FITNESS IS ANYTHING BUT BIG. YOU WILL BE IN A SMALL, COMFORTABLE, ENVIRONMENT WITH A HANDS ON OWNER WHO TEACHES THE CLASSES.
- Confusing machinery – Treadmills, bikes, elliptical trainers, balls, bands, weight machines…all that equipment can be very confusing if you’ve never used them before. The fear of looking stupid is something we all experience when trying new things and the overwhelming choices can add to that fear.
- THE SECRET TO OUR FITNESS IS IT’S SIMPLICITY. THE EQUIPMENT IS EASY TO USE AND THE INSTRUCTOR AVAILABLE AS WELL AS MANY VETERAN CUSTOMERS WHO WILL BE MORE THAN WILLING TO HELP WITH ANY QUESTIONS.
- Aggressive salespeople – Working up the courage to visit a gym can be hard for some people and, if you’re shy, an aggressive salesperson may intimidate you even more. Not all health clubs are like that, but many do put pressure on you to sign up. Many people find themselves signing over their firstborn without even being sure they want a membership at all.
- THERE IS ONE SALES PERSON, ME. I GOT OUT OF HEALTH CLUB SALES BECAUSE I DID NOT LIKE THE THE HIGH PRESSURE TACTICS AND LACK OF SERVICE TO BACK IT UP.
- Hardcore exercisers – Every gym has regulars and some can be a little intimidating if you make an honest mistake (like taking too long on a machine or not putting your weights back in the right place). Though you’ll find most members are helpful and nice, not all gym-goers are patient with newcomers and it can be scary to navigate the gym with these types of people.
- SURE WE HAVE SOME HARD CORE PEOPLE BUT THEY ARE ALL PEOPLE WHO ONCE WERE BEGINNERS AND THEY DON’T FORGET WHERE THEY STARTED. THEY ARE ALL WILLING TO HELP. YOU DON’T JUST JOIN A GYM, YOU JOIN A FAMILY.
- Beautiful people – Then there are the beautiful people. Though there are a wide variety of gym-goers, big and small, there are always going to be those people that seem to have perfect bodies. Many newbies can be intimidated when they see this, not remembering that everybody starts off as a beginner at one point or another.
- WE HAVE PEOPLE OF ALL SHAPES AND SIZES, FITNESS LEVELS, AGES. I THINK WE HAVE A GREAT ATMOSPHERE. COME IN AND JOIN US FOR A FREE WEEK OF FITNESS. GO TO SHADDOCKMMA.COM FOR THE SCHEDULE. EMAIL ME AT SHADDOCKMMA@COMCAST.NET TO SET UP A TIME TO COME IN.
Keep your hands up,
Owner Shaddock MMA Fitness